National STEM/STEAM Day
Did you know Monday, November 8th is National STEM/STEAM Day? This is a day you'll want to celebrate with your students!
There are activities and projects you can launch in your classroom, and you can even utilize the videos and activities from ClassOrbit! But... there are also simple and effective ways to make STEM/STEAM a part of the every day culture in your classroom.
- Create an environment that encourages observation and asking "why" or "how does..." questions
- Explore how simple machines, like a stapler, work.
- Pose problems students can relate to and be solved in different ways.
- Let students work together and provide evidence of their thinking.
- Provide simple materials for kids to create with (ie Legos, cotton balls, pipe cleaners, sticks, tape, etc...)
Remember... have fun with STEM/STEAM
. This day is meant to inspire kids to explore and pursue interests in Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math.
What will your Orbiters explore on National STEM/STEAM Day?